Mrs. McCormack grew up in Annapolis, Maryland sailing on the Chesapeake Bay. In 2005, during her first year of law school, she began racing yachts competitively on San Francisco Bay. That experience combined with her lifelong love of travel and the ocean led her to focus her practice on maritime law.
Prior to starting the Law Office of Jody T. McCormack, P.C., Mrs. McCormack was an associate at the San Francisco based maritime law firm Cox, Wootton, Lerner, Griffin & Hansen, LLP (“CWL”). At CWL her practice included litigation as well as transactional work for maritime clients.
Mrs. McCormack commenced her independent maritime practice in June of 2015 in order to focus on her clients’ transactional, commercial and general business needs. Mrs. McCormack has a sub-specialty in racing yachts and working with competitive yacht racing programs on all aspects of their legal and logistical needs. Beginning in February 2020 Mrs. McCormack is excited to join the Bohonnon Law Firm, LLC as “Of Counsel.” Mrs. McCormack will continue to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, CA
Juris Doctorate, May 2007 (SBN 252453)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Excellent Achievement in the study of both Maritime Law and International Business Transactions
- Maritime Law Journal, Fall 2005 – Spring 2007: Senior Associate Survey and Index Editor, Survey Writer / Technical Editor
Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Spanish, June 2000
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Maria Luisa Bombal Spanish Award
- State Bar of California (2007)
- State Bar of Florida (2018)
- State Bar of Rhode Island (2019)
- State Bar of New Mexico (2019)
Professional Activities & Associations
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Admiralty and Maritime Litigation Committee, Publications Chair
- International Yacht Lawyers Network
- Pacific Admiralty Law Seminar (Past Session Chair and Current Member)
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA) Member
- Maritime Law Association Of the United States (MLAUS)
- St. Francis Yacht Club, General Counsel (2016)
- California Yacht Brokers Association (Affiliate)